457 Visa to Permanent Residency
Australian Skilled Migration - Legal Services In Melbourne

457 Visa to Permanent Residency

There are four main pathways to transition from a 457 visa to permanent residency
  • Employer Sponsored Temporary Transition Stream (ENS/RSMS)
  • Employer Sponsored Direct Entry Stream (ENS/RSMS)
  • General Skilled Migration (189/190/489)
  • Partner Migration (As the partner of an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen)
  • These options apply to applicants who held or applied for their 457 Visa before 18th of April 2017

    Australian Skilled Migration can assist with any of the above pathways, with the most being the Temporary Transitional Stream. 

    457 Visa holders who have been working in Australia with the same employer for two years may be eligible to apply for Permanent Residency through the Transitional Stream.

    Depending on their location, 457 visa holders will apply through either the Employer Nominated Scheme (ENS) or the Regional Employer Sponsored Scheme (RSMS).

    The employer must be willing to sponsor the applicant for permanent residency under the Temporary Residence Transition stream and must lodge a valid nomination with the Department of Home Affairs. This is one of the most common pathways to permanent residency and has many benefits.

    If you don’t already hold a 457 visa and would like to work in Australia, the TSS visa (Subclass 482) is the new Australian temporary work visa.

    Contact us for a free eligibility assessment. 

    Australian Skilled Migration - Legal Services In Melbourne
    • Business Name
    • Australian Skilled Migration
    • Business Category
    • Legal Services
    • Official Website
    • australianskilledmigration.com.au
    • Business Number
    • 19 104 131 302
    • Social Links
    • FacebookTwitterLinkedInInstagram
    • Phone Number
    • 0396140586
    • Business Location
    • 530 Little Collins St
      Melbourne 3000